Odyssey
♫ S h a n t y ♪ Crest12
Odyssey
♫ S h a n t y ♪ Crest12
Odyssey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» EVENT: Fair Sailing?
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:00 am by Triple Digit

» In The Beginning | WIP
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:28 am by Shanty

» Pre-crew Places
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 am by Kyrix

» Rules [Work In Progress]
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 10:08 am by Shanty

» Mates, Marriage and Having Pups ☠ Guide
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:36 am by Shanty

» Pirate's Glossary ☠ Information
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 11:38 am by Shanty

» Characters And Creating Them ☠ Guide
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 am by Shanty

» Joining Thread ☠ Apply Here!
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 6:14 am by Shanty

» Ships and Special Ranks ☠ Information
♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:46 pm by Shanty

Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates
free forum

♫ S h a n t y ♪

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shanty

Shanty

♫ S h a n t y ♪ 214qiib

Ⓖold : 500

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Empty
PostSubject: ♫ S h a n t y ♪   ♫ S h a n t y ♪ EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:07 am

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Shanty11
♫ S h a n t y ♪ Underl11

N a m e :
Lyra "Shanty" Roland Heartsong

A l a i s e s :
Shanty | Shan | Roland | Sir | Captain

G e n d e r :
Female

A g e :
Adult | 4 years.

R a n k :
Captain

T i t l e :
Admiral

S h i p :
The Odyssey

A c c e n t :
Shanty has a very deep voice which, with her large, rough appearance, cause many confused to whether she is male or female. And thanks to her deep, loud, britsh-accented vocals her orders can be heard on the other side of a ship in a gale.

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Underl11

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Coolte13
B u i l d :
Shanty is a rather large wolf, very well muscled and strong. She has thick legs, shoulders, thighs and neck, and large rounded ears that stand highly perked on her head. She has a noticeable dint in her muzzle that gets more prominent with age and smallish angular eyes, a triangular nose and a furry snout. Her feet are large and board, very handy for swimming, and her legs thick to help propel her through the water. She stands just above the height of the average male although if you take away the great heavy mass of her fur she is somewhat below the weight of a large female. Although she may not look like it (due to her thick mane and pelt), she is somewhat average in structure, even if a little taller, as such she seems slightly lithe around the torso in comparison to the rest of her body.

P e l t  |  T e x t u r e :
Shanty has very long, very rough, tangled fur, having almost never bothering to groom it after leaving her homeland. Only on formal occasions will she make it presentable, therefore her fur becomes somewhat silky and fluffy and a surprising colour of off-white rather than the usual motley of tans and cream. Every year she gains another inch or so in length around her neck and cheek fur and her pelt becomes slightly less fluffy and less dense.

E y e  |  C o l o u r :
Her eyes were once beautiful - if somewhat frightening - ruby red, as was what came with her albinism, but now have faded to a light pink with pale pupils and a cataract in her left eye, though she can still see in her right eye... To an extent, as she is extremely sensitive to light.

F u r  |  P i g m e n t s :
This female's fur was once pure albino white, but now stained to a yellowy cream over years of dust and grime. Around her mouth has also been stained crimson with the blood from her foes, giving her a somewhat savage look. Extremely faint markings can be made out on her fur that would've been pronounced if she lacked albinism.

W o u n d s :
During her first battle Shanty had a sword swiped over her left eye, thus blinding her and leaving the famous scar of her's and a large cut in her upper lip. Mauling on her muzzle, forehead and legs are also quite noticeable, and although these wounds are old none of them have had fur grow over them. Half of Shanty's tail and left ear were bitten off within her first year at sea, and another few slashes on her left flank and hind thigh as well over her right shoulder from an Admiral's rapier are good reminders to not get swiped in battle.

A c c e s s o r i e s :
Shanty is always seen with two large golden hoop earrings in her right ear and is sometimes seen with a red bandana around her neck. On special occasions Shanty may get out two epaulets of the captain before her's whom stole them from a couple of Royal Navy lieutenants.

R e f e r e n c e :
Click here.

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Underl11

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Coolte15
Strict | Determined | Strong-minded | Spirited | Fearless

Shanty is a gruff, serious wolf, and is normally rough 'round the edges. She has a lot of dignity and is naturally proud, but very stern. She will correct you normally fairly straight-forward and frank, and punishment under her eye is normally harsh, but once you've proved your worth to her, she is a lot less formal and more laid-back. Newcomers to her crew will normally see her as a hard Captain, and foes see her merciless, but her friends see her as hearty and loyal to them and her lifestyle.

P l e a s u r e s :
Sailing and exploring | The sea and beaches | Rain | Being alone | The smell before a storm

D i s l i k e s :
Typhoons | Lazy good-for-nothings | Prissy females | Those useless in a fight | Males | Being called "Miss" or "Lady"

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Underl11

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Coolte16
Shanty - or Lyra, as she was known back then - was born to a gentleman's gentleman and a young female that was once but a humble maid in a litter of five, including herself. She was third born of the lot, therefore not getting many perks in life apart from not being the runt, but Shanty was raised well, more or less, with no notable event happening during her childhood.

When Shanty was of coming the age of two - when she would be mature enough to bare pups - her father arranged that she would mate with Noah, the son of one of her father's closest friends and allies. Shanty didn't think much of the male - he was handsome enough, she supposed, but he expected too much of his mate. When he wasn't somewhere unknown to Shanty, "working," he was demanding and ordering her around, but Shanty put up with it - she loved her parents too much to sacrifice their pride for her happiness. So with the coming spring, the two were paired up and moved out of their fathers' residences to get their own. Just with summer on the way, Shanty gave birth to a pair of pups - two males, Atlas and Temeraire. Noah had wanted more, but for now, at least, he was pleased... For once.

Shanty raised her youth just as her mother had, and rarely spoke to her mate or anyone apart from her two boys, who happened to take after their father and were always fighting and getting themselves into terrible mischief. When her parents visited, she hid her unhappiness with an expressionless look and a fake smile. They did not think much of her silence, as she never raised her voice or showed personality when she was younger.

Time crept along slowly until it had been a year since she had first met her obnoxious mate, Noah. She hadn't seen him in a week, and her children were late coming home from hunting. Suddenly, she heard a loud yelp, followed by sobbing. She raced to the source of the noise, her heart sinking as she got closer... Atlas laid bloody and limp on the crimson-stained ground - she was too late. Temeraire was next to his brother's dead carcass, tears running down his face. Atlas had been speared by a large buck whom was protecting his herd. The two brothers had been teasing them with nips on the legs.

It was his last misadventure.

Later that evening Noah returned from his own misadventure to find his son avoiding his gaze and Shanty quietly sobbing. He immediately strode over to his mate and demanded the cause to why everyone was so darn down and where their other son was. Shanty flinched at his harsh tone, but explained their reasons. Noah only frowned at the news, and declared that they "could always have another son," obviously unmoved by the news. All of the unhappiness and anger Shanty had held inside her and bared through all that time suddenly burst out of her as she yelled at Noah. "How could you? He was our son! He loved you, but you act as if it didn't matter because we can replace him!" She stormed out of the den like a tornado and left. After all those years of never speaking her mind she finally burst forth, and it felt good.

Praying that her son would be happy and safe, Shanty traveled far and wide until she reached the shore with the ruthless but beautiful sea lapping at the sand. There was no way forward - only backwards, and she would never go back, so she stayed by the shore and waited....

And waited... And waited...

One night she was awoken by an old wolf with greyed black fur. They walked up to her and sat next to her, looking out to the blue, blue sea that reflected their blue, blue eyes. "Beautiful, is it not?" They said, their gaze not wavering from the view. Shanty righted herself to match the wolf's position. "Sometimes I wonder what's out there," the mysterious stranger added. Shanty snorted in reply, which caused the wolf to look at her curiously.  "You know, when things on land aren't as you please, you take to the seas." They said with humorous, decaying smile, and looked back out at the ocean, where a sudden spray of sea water splashed towards them, causing Shanty to look at the gigantic ship that had just pulled to shore. When she looked back at the wolf to be sure she wasn't imagining it, they were gone.

When things aren't as you please, you take to the seas.

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Underl11

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Coolte17
P r o s :
Strong | Shanty is much brawnier than most wolves, even the toughest of males. She could possibly take down a small deer by herself thanks to her mighty strength.
Enduring | It is surprising how much pain  this wolf can go through. Half of that is because of her thick fur, the other half is thanks to her mule-headed stubbornness. She can also run, swim and fight much longer than most due to the muscle that makes her so strong, and once again because of that unyielding determination.
Cunning | The ability to cheat has kept this pirate's ship floating many times. Although not much of a strength of morality, the ability to fool others and use underhanded ways to secure victory and survival outweighs that argument  in many a thief's eyes. After all, the world is made up of nothing but lies, a few more won't change much.

C o n s :
Faulty Sight | From the beginning Shanty never had the best senses, especially eyesight, but with a slash her left became blind. Shanty has also grown somewhat blind in her right eye as well, and can never rely on her vision.
Arrogance | Because of her lack of the ability to feel pain, fear, and because of  pure stubbornness, Shanty doesn't know when it is wise to turn tail or when she has bitten off more than she can chew.
Pride | Sometimes her emotions may cloud her judgment, and one in particular. Due do some strange notion of honour she believes it un noble to ask for help or plead for mercy. Shanty has never retreated and won't start now. She will never give up, even when all is hopeless and she - and many others - will surely die. She lives by the sword, and someday she'll die by it too.

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Underl11

♫ S h a n t y ♪ Coolte18
C h e m i s t r y :
Shanty has a preference to big, strong males that know their way around a ship or at least in a fight. They must show respect, discipline, obedience, loyalty, and love, because this Captain has no patience for rubbish. Shanty seems to be attracted to greys, browns, tan and darker pelt colours than paler. Choice eye colours seem to be warm reddish or orangey brown, gold, green and hazel.

P o s s i b l e | S u i t o r s :
She believes all the males in her crew too young and weak for her tastes.

C o u r t i e r s :
No one has taken  romantic interest in Shanty as of yet.

C r u s h :
Shanty does not wish to settle down again, even if she was interested in someone; she had a taste of the simple life and hated every moment of it.

M a t e :
Shanty no longer has a partner.

O f f s p r i n g :
Atlas Heartsong |  S o n
Temeraire Heartsong |  S o n

P a r e n t s :
Laurence Roland |  S i r e
Birdy Silver Roland |  D a m

S i b l i n g s :
Thomas Roland |  B r o t h e r
Ruby Roland |  S i s t e r
Maze Roland |  B r o t h e r